– Beginning this and next week many of our weekly meetings go on hiatus until September:
Also, the office will be closed on Fridays.
– On Saturday June 1st we will be in charge of the dinner at F.I.S.H. People will be needed for preparation, serving and cleanup. A list will soon be available in the narthex for your signature. Please come out and support this worthwhile event: it’s a lot of fun, too!
– Sunday, June 2nd, the Stewardship group will be serving lunch following worship. ALL ARE INVITED! No charge and you need bring nothing…..
– Please remember to bring your cookies to the church before the 2:00 pm Memorial Service on Saturday. You can bring them in any time and put them in the coffee room. Thanks for helping with the service for a longtime Grace Church and vestry member.
– Wearing something red is our way of entering into the birthday of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost. We encourage you all to join the choir and the altar and vestments in wearing this celebratory color.
– On Saturday June 1st Grace is once again serving dinner at F.I.S.H. volunteers are needed for preparation, serving, and clean-up shifts. Please contact Kelly Beard or Charlie Hubbard for further information.
– PENTECOST on Sunday May 19th!! Once again we celebrate the “birthday” of the church by wearing RED in honor of the Holy Spirit.
— Please keep Genevieve Morrison in your prayers. Genevieve fell last week and broke her shoulder bone into pieces. Following a brief stay at Harborview, she is residing currently at Royal Vista Care Center.
– If you speak (and read) another language, please give the office a call. We need 4 or 5 readers for the Pentecost
– We will be honoring graduates soon, so please let us know who they are (besides Jeremy). We don’t want to miss anyone! thanks……
– Habitat for Humanity currently is building two houses in the North Water area of Ellensburg. Grace continues its commitment to Habitat by providing 2-3 doz. cookies for volunteers on a Saturday. Your donation of Cookies can be left in the bucket on the narthex table. Thanks for your support!
– We are working towards a more “green” coffee hour and would appreciate you bringing your own mug for coffee each Sunday…….thanks from vestry and the Hospitality coordinator, Kelly.
— The “Discovering Spiritual Gifts” workshop has been postponed until after the summer. Look for further information in the fall.
— Change to schedule: The Spiritual Gifts class has been postponed for the time being. Look for it again in the Fall.
– Thanks to everyone who helped make Holy Week and Easter so meaningful (and festive), both inside and outside the church!
– Ladies of Grace will have a brown bag luncheon at Bev Wheatley’s home, 101 N. Mt Daniels Drive, at noon on Thursday. (From Pfennig Rd turn into the Grasslands area on First Ave. Bev’s house is on the northwest corner at the stop sign.
– Yard & Gardens clean-up: Everyone invited to help this annual project. Please bring your own tools, gloves, etc. Call Charlie Hubbard (925-7120) for details.
– All are invited to a 4-session class on discovering personal spiritual gifts. At Grace on the four Sundays of April at 5:00 pm. (No food involved.) There will be a sign-up sheet in the narthex.
– The women of United Methodist Church invite the people of Grace to the annual Maundy Thursday White Breakfast, this Thursday at 9:30 am. Music and a message rom Shalom! All are welcome!
– Thank you to all those who helped with the celebrations this past weekend! Joy and thanksgiving filled the house…
– Please note that the Ladies of Grace luncheon will begin at 1:00 pm, not noon as stated in Sunday’s bulletin.
– Lost and Found items: There is a pair of black fingerless gloves and also a hummingbird earring, also to be found on the narthex table.
– Please drop by the table of little banks in the narthex and contribute to smaller local agencies. they appreciate our modest support.
– 2012 Year end pledge statements are on the narthex table. You may pick it up at any time.
– To date we have 23 pledges totalling $43,030. IF you have not yet made your pledge, please turn it in to the Pledge Secretary as soon as you are able. Thank you!
– Taize-like prayer service begins next Sunday evening at 6:00 pm and will continue through the academic year on the first and third Sunday evenings. It’s a contemplative service of scripture, prayer, quiet pauses and fine music. It’s an ecumenical service open to anyone who enjoys a more quiet, peaceful worship experience.