– Thank you to all the Passion Gospel readers – Edward Danis, Ruth Ann Stacy, Marjorie Johansen, Megan Henderson, Jim Hawley, Keith Opsal, and Fritz Glover.
— Palm Sunday Gospel Reading: There are seven readers needed for the Palm Sunday Matthew Gospel:
Pilate – a few sentences
Priests — â€œ
Servant girls & Mrs. Pilate – maybe 4 sentences
Judas – 3 lines
Peter – 3 lines
– We would love to have non-lectors take a part, so please let me know by Wednesday, if you would be willing to read. Scripts are available in the office.
– Grace Church has a new Campus Missioner/Minister, Lucas Kulhanek. Lucas has moved here from Olympia with his fiance and is a former acquaintance of Fr Vern’s from Spokane. You can meet and greet Lucas at the coffee hour. Welcome to Grace Church and Ellensburg, Lucas!
– The Wednesday evening soup supper and discussions have been cancelled due to lack of interest.
– Then Wednesday evening Lenten programs will focus on “Adult Faith”, following a simple soup and bread supper. Come and participate and enrich your Lenten experience with this interesting series from Marcus Borg. There is a signup sheet on the narthex for soup and/or bread for the four evenings: March 19 and 26 and April 2 and 9.
– From March 5 to the 13th office hours may not be as usual. (Wendy will be out of town.) The office will be closed on Mondays and Fridays, open from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Tuesdays, and open from 9 to 11:00 am on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Regular office hours will resume on Monday March 17th. Thanks for your forbearance!
– If you are able to help with the pancake supper, setup will begin at 4:30 pm and service at 5:30.
– All are invited to attend the Newcomers’ Dessert on Wednesday. You need not bring a dish; all will be provided.
– March 9th will be a special Sunday: 1) SPRING FORWARD, that dreaded morning! Also the newly minted Stephen Ministers and Leaders will be commissioned in a special ceremony.
– COMING EVENTS: Ash Wednesday is March 5th. During Lent we will continue our practice of soup suppers followed by an enlightening class. Keep tuned for more on this!
– There will be a Shrove Tuesday pancake supper on March 4th. Anyone interested in helping with this can sign up this Sunday or the week following. March 5th is Ash Wednesday…
– Our 2014 Souper Bowl netted $339. Thank you to all who donated!!
– The Taize Prayer service returns to its usual 1st and 3rd Sunday schedule, with Celtic or other Evening Prayer on the third Sunday. Except The Taize Service for next Sunday has been cancelled in acknowledgment of likely absence of football fans.
–Ideas in the works: training for new Healing Anointers, an enquirers’ class, the next series of the Via Media videos. We are also in need of more worship leaders and servers, which would make scheduling much easier. Please let us know if you have any interest in any of the above.
– 2013 Annual Report: If you are a Leader or Treasurer of any of our groups/programs, please get your end-of-year reports into the office before January 3rd. If in doubt as to whether your group qualifies, check the attachment.
– 2013 Parochial Report: We’ve received the forms. If you are filling out any of them, Come in to get a copy.
– Please turn in your Pledge for 2014, either in the office or in the marked envelope on the narthex table. Thank you!